RANGE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. ALWAYS treat firearms as if they are loaded.
2. ALWAYS keep the muzzle (end of the barrel where the bullet exits) pointed downrange (toward the target).
3. ALWAYS keep your finger off of the trigger and outside of the trigger guard until you are pointed at your target and ready to shoot.
4. ONLY shoot at YOUR designated paper/cardboard target. Anyone observed targeting anything in the range except their specifically designated and allowable target will be immediately and permanently removed from the range. Whether intentionally inflicted or not, you may be held financially liable for any damage caused by you (or a member of your group) to our target carrier equipment, range/store equipment & fixtures, shooting stalls and light fixtures.
5. ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARM HANDLING OR CLEANING IN THE PARKING LOT OR PATIO AREAS. All firearms brought onto Volusia Top Gun premises MUST be secured in a case, bag or holster until safely inside the shooting range.
6. All first-time Members, guests and other Volusia Top Gun facility users must participate in the Volusia Top Gun Orientation.
7. Never bring a loaded weapon into or out of the range. If your gun malfunctions and you are unable to safely correct the problem, place it on the shelf in your booth facing downrange and notify Volusia Top Gun personnel immediately.
8. No firearm handling allowed outside of the shooting booth.
9. Commands issued by Volusia Top Gun personnel must be obeyed immediately and without question.
10. All firearms not on the firing line must be unloaded with their action open.
11. Eye and ear protection are required at all times on the range.
12. The use of reloads, tracer, armor piercing, incendiary, frangible and steel core or steel or aluminum cased ammunition is strictly prohibited. Failure to observe this policy will result in a loss of range privileges. Volusia Top Gun reserves the right to inspect all ammunition used at our facility.
13. Magazines should be unloaded prior to range check-in.
14. No muzzle-loading/black powder firearms allowed.
15. No one other than Volusia Top Gun personnel may go forward of the firing line.
16. Shooters must know and understand all of the operating and safety features of the firearms they are using prior to shooting in the range.
17. No more than 2 shooters per lane.
18. Alcohol or drug use before or while shooting is strictly prohibited. Any person suspected of drug or alcohol use will not be allowed to use the range and may be asked to leave the premises.
19. If a ‘Cease Fire’ command is given, stop shooting IMMEDIATELY and wait for further instructions from Volusia Top Gun personnel.
20. Volusia Top Gun reserves the right to inspect all firearms and ammunition for safety and policy considerations.
21. No drawing from the holster, unless it is a component of an officially sanctioned and supervised range event or training exercise.
22. Double tap or rapid fire shooting practice is allowed, but must be done safely and responsibly. The shooter’s ability will be observed and continued practice will be at the sole discretion of Volusia Top Gun.
23. If you have brought more than one firearm, use only one at a time. When finished, case the unloaded firearm and its ammunition before uncasing the next one.
24. Children under the age of 11 are prohibited on the range. Persons under the age of 18, if shooting a long gun, or under 21 if shooting a handgun, must be accompanied by their parent or guardian and supervised at all times.
25. Report any unsafe activity or conditions to Volusia Top Gun personnel immediately.
26. Pregnant women are not allowed on the range
27. Shooters may collect ONLY their own brass and ONLY behind the firing line. Be aware that we clean the range area regularly, so if you wish to collect your brass, please do so promptly.
28. Always wash your hands immediately after shooting.
29. Time on the range is limited to 2 hours for guests and members if there are other guests waiting for a lane.
30. Be safe and have fun!