1. ALWAYS treat every and all firearms as if they are loaded.
2. ALWAYS keep the muzzle (end of the barrel where the bullet exits) pointed downrange (toward the target).
3. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are pointed at your target and ready to shoot.
4. ONLY shoot at YOUR designated target. Anyone observed shooting at anything in the range except their specifically designated and allowable target will be immediately and permanently removed from the range.
5. ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARM HANDLING AND MANIPULATION (unless otherwise directed by Volusia Top Gun, Inc. staff), CLEANING OR LOADING OF MAGAZINES IN THE PARKING LOT OR PATIO AREAS AND INSIDE THE BUILDING, other than inside of the shooting range. All firearms brought into premises MUST be secured in a case, bag or holster until safely inside the shooting range.
6. All first-time members, guests and other Volusia Top Gun patrons must participate in the Volusia Top Gun, Inc. Orientation.
7. NEVER bring a loaded firearm into or out of the shooting range. If your firearm malfunctions and you are unable to safely correct the issue, place the firearm on the bench in your booth, facing downrange, and notify Volusia Top Gun, Inc. personnel immediately.
8. No firearm handling outside of your assigned shooting booth. If you are with a party with multiple lanes, move persons between the booths, not the firearms.
9. Commands issued by Volusia Top Gun, Inc. personnel must be obeyed immediately and without question.
10. All firearms not on the firing line must be unloaded with their action open.
11. Eye and ear protection are required at all times on the range.
12. Use of reloads, remanufactured, tracer, armor piercing, frangible, incendiary, steel core, aluminum and steel cased ammunition is strictly prohibited. Failure to observe this policy will result in loss of range privileges. Volusia Top Gun, Inc. reserves the right to inspect any and all ammunition brought in to be used at our facility.
13. Magazines should be unloaded prior to range check-in.
14. No muzzle-loading/black powder firearms allowed.
15. No one other than Volusia Top Gun, Inc. personnel may go forward of the firing line.
16. Shooters must know and understand all of the operating and safety features of the firearms they are using prior to shooting in the range.
17. No more than 2 shooters per lane.
18. Alcohol or drug use before or while shooting is strictly prohibited. Any person suspected of drug or alcohol use will not be allowed in the range and will be asked to leave the premises.
19. If a “cease fire” command is given, stop shooting IMMEDIATELY, place your firearm on the bench, facing downrange and wait for further instructions from Volusia Top Gun, Inc. personnel.
20. Volusia Top Gun, Inc. reserves the right to inspect all firearms and ammunition for safety and policy considerations.
21. No drawing from the holster, unless it is a component of an officially sanctioned and supervised range event or training exercise.
22. “Double taps” or rapid fire shooting practice is allowed, but must be done safely and responsibly within the shooter’s ability to hit the target. The shooter’s ability will be observed and continued practice will be at the sole discretion of Volusia Top Gun, Inc.
23. . If multiple firearms are brought into the range, use only one at a time. When finished, encase the unloaded firearm and its ammunition before uncasing and firing the next one.
24. Children at least 11 years of age are permitted on the range with their parent/ guardian. Persons under the age of 18, if shooting a long gun, or under 21 if shooting a handgun, must be accompanied by their parent or guardian and supervised at all times.
25. Report any unsafe activity or conditions or injuries to Volusia Top Gun personnel immediately.
26. Pregnant women are not allowed on the range
27. Shooters may collect ONLY their own brass and ONLY behind the firing line. Be aware that we clean the range regularly, so if you wish to collect your own brass, please do so promptly.
28. Range time is limited to 1 hour for guests and 2 hours for members if there are other guests waiting for a lane
29. Always wash your hands immediately after shooting!
30. Have fun and be safe!!
** Person(s) utilizing the range in an unsafe or inappropriate manner (not following basic firearm safety rules, shooting anything other than their specified target assigned to their lane, not keeping their firearm facing downrange, etc.) will be issued a warning. Failure to adhere to the Range Rules and/or instructions and corrections issued by the Range Safety Officers (or anyone representing Volusia Top Gun, Inc.) will lead to ejection from the range with no refund.
** Volusia Top Gun, Inc. (it’s officers, servants, agents and employees) is not responsible for any malfunctions, damages, or failures of the shooter’s firearm resulting from use of any type of ammunition brought in by the signer or provided/purchased from Volusia Top Gun, Inc. (shooter should consult the manufacturer’s instruction manual for proper ammunition to be used in their firearm).
** Person(s) will be held financially responsible for damage to property owned and operated by Volusia Top Gun, Inc., to include but not limited to, any Gun Range equipment, eye/ear protection, floors, ceilings and walls, bench and storage tray, lighting and electronics.
** Person(s) will be held financially responsible for the repairs or replacement of rented firearms if it is found that the firearm was used in a manner other than its intended use or damaged maliciously.
** “Financial responsibility” and “financially responsible” includes the actual cost of the product, man/labor hours involved to reproduce or replace the product involved, and monetary loss Volusia Top Gun, Inc. would suffer from being without the product or item until it is replaced and in working condition prior to the caused damage.
** Any person(s) prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm and/or ammunition, acknowledges that Volusia Top Gun, Inc. (it’s officers, servants, agents and employees) does not have knowledge of the signer’s criminal history or country of origin, whereas the signer should know or should have known that they are prohibited from owning and possessing a firearm and/or ammunition, and Volusia Top Gun, Inc. is not responsible for any personal repercussions that could occur legally or criminally to the signer utilizing the shooting range.
** The signer acknowledges that Volusia Top Gun, Inc. (it’s officers, servants, agents and employees) is not responsible for any personal repercussions that could occur legally or criminally to the signer utilizing the shooting range and providing someone who is prohibitied from owning or possessing a firearm and/or ammunition, whereas the signer should know or should have known that the person they are providing a firearm and ammunition to is prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm and/or ammunition as Volusia Top Gun, Inc. (it’s officers, servants, agents and employees) does not have knowledge of the person(s) criminal history or country of origin that are utilizing the shooting range.